Skip main navigation

Namibia

Namibia
Namibia header.JPG

AT A GLANCE     

AT A GLANCE     
  • First Church presence in Namibia: 1924
  • Church is legally registered: 1990
  • Church is dedicated for missionary work: 1992
  • Current Church members: 793
  • Congregations: 2
  • Nearest temple:  Johannesburg, South Africa

HISTORY OF THE CHURCH IN NAMIBIA

  • 1927: Frist unit, Karibib Branch organised
  • 1928: First convert baptisms, Johannes Andries Cloete and Martha Vermeulen Cloete
  • 1969: First missionaries in Windhoek
  • 1983: Windhoek Branch organised
  • 1983: Mission transfered from South frica Johannesburg to South Africa Cape Town Mission
  • 1990: The Church gets registered
  • 1990: A. Eugene and L. Ruth Hilton become the first missionaries to serve full time in Namibia
  • 1991: The Windhoek District is organized. However, the district was dissolved in February 1992
  • 1992: Elder Russell M. Nelson  dedicates the country for missionary work
  • 1992: Andre van Der Merwe called as first missionary from Namibia
  • 1994: Seminary Programme begins           
  • 1997 : Windhoek  Branch meetinghouse, first meetinghouse in Namibia, is dedicated