Skip main navigation

Cameroon Information

Cameroon Information
Cameroon header

AT A GLANCE

AT A GLANCE
  • First Church presence in Cameroon:  1974
  • First congregation organized in Gaborone: 2014
  • Current number of congregations: 3
  • Current Church membership in Cameroon: 1498
  • Nearest temple:  Accra, Ghana

HISTORY OF THE CHURCH IN CAMEROON

  • 1974:  The first Sacrament Meeting was held in Yaounde.
  • 1984: Even though members that had been baptised in other countries were there - the first known Church baptism was performed for Susanne Carpenter in Yaounde.
  • 1993:  The Church received legal recognition on 9 Septmeber.  Mission headquarters moved  to Abidjan, Ivory Coast. Church's request for legal recognition within the country approved. 30 people had been baptised, and 60 other investigators were attending Sunday meeting.
  • 1994: Missionaries temporarily withdrawn from Cameroon due to a war between Nigeria and Cameroon.
  • 1995:  A Seminary program for young people ages 14-18 was instituted.